- It's all yours right now -- enjoy it! Once your wiki takes off, lots of people will read what you write. Right now, nobody's looking over your shoulder yet, so feel free to try things out and make mistakes.
- Make lots of short pages! The hardest thing about writing is looking at a blank page and not knowing where to start. It's a lot easier once you write down your first couple sentences. So take a deep breath, and jump in -- make ten really short pages, one right after another. Once you've started, you can build the pages up slowly, adding a little bit at a time.
- Link your pages together! Links help you and your readers get from one page to another, so whenever you mention the subject of another page, use the "Add a Link" button to make a link to that page. You should also use the front page to link to all of the most important pages on your wiki. Describe what your wiki is about on the main page, and include links to help your readers find their way around.
- Add pictures! A well-chosen picture can make a bland wiki page come to life. When you're writing a page, use the "Add a Picture" button to upload a picture from your computer onto the page.
- When you're ready -- tell your friends! Once you've started a bunch of pages, linked them together and added some pictures, you'll be ready to start showing off your wiki to the world. You probably know people who are interested in the same thing that you are, so tell your friends to check out your new site. Those are your first readers and potential contributors, so give them lots of encouragement.
If you get stuck, write to us through our contact form -- we're happy to help!
Ad free Edit
Hi! Would you like this wiki to be ad-free? I'm looking for wikis to be part of a new program which would remove all ads from the wiki for $19.95/month.
I like the wikia, but there is an awfull amount of mess done by a couple of people. Hope you don't mind em editing and adding stuff. You'd better know me as Pixel And Stephanie Forever from the fanfiction.net ww forum!
Smeg Head 18:21, August 19, 2011 (UTC)
thanks a lot, there has been a lot of edits latley, and I haven't been able to check them all. I'm just glad the wikia is getting some attention, there was no except me for about a year!!!!
I'm always on the PC, so could I be cheeky and ask you to stick me on here as a staff member?
Smeg Head 12:33, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
yes, I an, but How do I do It?Decat 08:50, September 4, 2011 (UTC)
Ie added you as an admin. Decat 13:22, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
hi! Thank you for your message. I will be sure to contact you if I need any help.
I have an idea. It's about castle's history. In The Millenium Bug when Amanda enters the academy there is a board and then Enid, Ruby and Jadu talk about history. You could wrtite some paragraphes about that. Such as, the castle was built by Saxown warlord etc. And you also could write something about Ironhut Barebones and Charles de Overblow and about Margolysse when Mildred and Maud play Living Waxwork. It just writes a script of these three parts and save to the Cackle's Academy's History.
It will be really really amazing, won't be?
why not do it yourself? I might do it sometime though. also, please sign your posts! Decat 09:40, June 9, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, thansk for reply
I am from the non-english speaking country and I am only nine years old but I can understand something but not all. I can understand the parts about Ironhut and Margolysse (I dunno how I should write it) but I can't understand the part of history where Enid, Ruby and Jadu talk so I think if you would write that.
you speak very good english:) I've added that infomation to the Cackle's Academy page, have a look. It's nice to see a young fan of the series! Decat 11:41, June 9, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you:) :)
Thanks :) what do most talk pages on here look like?
Like this one? I don't think there are many:) Decat (talk) 10:49, August 9, 2012 (UTC) ok :)